The cornea acts as the front window to the eye. Along with the lens, the cornea helps focus light on the retina allowing us to see. There are several conditions that affect the way light passes through the cornea. Dr. Nedrud specializes in treating corneal disease from dry eye to advanced cornea transplant techniques.
Common Cornea Conditions
- Dry Eye
- Recurrent Corneal Abrasions
- Fuchs Corneal Dystrophy
Common Corneal Surgeries
- Cornea Transplant or Penetrating Keratoplasty Partial Thickness Cornea Transplant
- DALK (Deep Anterior Lamellar Keratoplasty)
- DSAEK (Descemet’s Stripping Automated Endothelial Keratoplasty)
- DMEK (Descemet’s Membrane Endothelial Keratoplasty Intacs
- Refractive Corneal Surgery (LASIK and PRK)
In addition to treating corneal disease, Dr. Nedrud also specializes in cataract and refractive surgery.